Thursday, March 19, 2015

Adding to my New Testament Reading list

When I decided to re-read the New Testament yet again and actually record some high-level notes, I had in mind reading just the Gospels, Acts, the Pauline Epistles, and Revelation, because I wanted to focus on the presumed “core” of the NT that most people are familiar with. It popped into my head that Chris Hallquist had offered an “abridged” list of both Old and New Testament chapters and verses to read. It’s worth bookmarking. The only addition he gives to the NT list is the Epistle of James, with the following note:

Martin Luther had some doubts about whether James should be accepted as part of the Bible. Read it and see if you can guess why.

I’ll accept Chris’ challenge and add James to my reading list - just preceding Revelation.

Wheeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment